Monday, March 8, 2010

Fine China Dinnerware for Birthdays

I’ve given my closest friends theater tickets, day spa vouchers, clothes, jewelry, lingerie and all sorts of things over the years for their birthdays, but these days, I like to give them fine china dinnerware because it’s something they can treasure and remember me by forever. And I’m not talking full, formal dinnerware sets of plates because they already have those.

I’m talking about individual, one-off pieces of fine china dinnerware with striking or quirky designs that bring color to the dining table. After all, it can be a little boring when everything looks the same, especially when you’re just having a casual meal. In my opinion, you can never have enough serving plates and platters, and serveware with an off-beat look really creates a talking point when you’re hosting. Recently, for her 40th birthday, I gave one of my friends a gorgeous Arabesque by Dansk fish-shaped platter, which I found through www.SilverSpoonStore.com. Blue and white, it’s such a cute piece, perfect for holding bread rolls or cheese at the table. Now my other friends all want one for their birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment